Thursday, March 13, 2008

Germville

Population - 4

The sickness continues for us. PLEASE LEAVE! GERMS NO LONGER WELCOME HERE! I think that might be a sign I hang on my door here soon. I am so sick of sickness!

Alexis just wasn't getting any better and Morgan was feverish, cranky, glassy eyed and just all out miserable today so I made appointments for them. They were worked in this afternoon. I started to get the whole "virus, it'll have to run it's course" type of talk. Then she checked their ears...both ears infected for Alexis, the left ear infected, complete with puss for Morgan. Hooray! (Insert sarcasm here). Well maybe some antibiotics will make their moods better.

They have been little she-bears as of late. They all want to sit on my lap, alone, without sharing with another sister, which just isn't possible. Kamryn is feeling somewhat better. Still snotty and coughing, but remember she suffers from Only Child Syndrome and doesn't like to share her mommy when she's feeling good, factor in illness, NOT a good thing.

It's been miserable around the ol' Rusley household as of late. Jason bowled on Sunday, then had off-duty Monday. Okay no problem. Off duty Tuesday during the day, no biggie. Called him just before 5 to see what time he was due home so that I could throw the steaks on the grill and have everything done at the same time. At this time he told me "Oh, I took a shift at CVS for Ricky (he schedules the off-duty) because so and so called in sick." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? He left the house at 7am and now wouldn't be home until 9pm. I was more than upset and frustrated. He said he felt "obligated" as Ricky helped him out next week in finding someone for his shift because we will be out of town. Hey, here's an idea, how about feeling obligated to your wife who is TRYING to tend to 3/4 sick kids, keep 4th kid up to date with school activities/assignments and what not, and try and keep up the house, laundry, cooking and maintain her sanity. The last item there is hanging by a thread...a VERY thin one.

Men! I just don't get it. I am a mother, I get that. I am a stay-at-home-mom, got that too. Where oh where in the memo does it say that I have to be 100% responsible for EVERYTHING? I don't think I signed up for that.

Add in on Tuesday Kori was cranky because I wouldn't let her go out alone to play outside. One reason it was windy and cool and she's still got a cough from her last bout of germs last week. Second, no one home but me to supervise her and I had cranky, sick little ones. So I "ruined her whole day!!!!" Oh well, isn't the first time, quite certain it won't be the last. I can handle it.

It was also bath night. Jason usually man's the "dressing/diapering" station when he's off, which makes my job a lot easier...no such luck tonight. Morgan was getting in the tub and getting settled (I had a hold of one of her arms) and tripped over Kamryn's foot and bumped her chin on her knee. There was a whole lot of blood. It took me a while to figure out that she bit her tongue and didn't bump her mouth/teeth/lips etc. Scary, but thankfully nothing major. A small mark on her tongue that bled a whole lot. I was thinking there was another Urgent Care visit in our near future. I think if you go three times in a week you get a commemorative mug or plaque or something? No? Are you sure? I thought I read that somewhere. Hmmmm...

Today when I woke up Jason to tell him that I was leaving to get Kori he was coughing and snotting and such. Me: Do you have a cold?????? Him: (Sniffle, sniffle, snurf, cough, cough) Yep. Me: I think I'm leaving town.

So tomorrow is an early release for Kori at 12:30. Kicking off Spring Break! Woo hoo! Maybe the germs will die down over the break and no more sickness this school year! That would be great! A girl can dream huh?

Kori is going to spend the weekend with my parents. She is looking forward to a break from her sisters, 100% spoiling from my folks, one on one time with them, me not nagging her (I'm guessing on this one) and unconditional grand parent love. What more could a six year old ask for.

There is rain in the weekend forecast. Supposed to turn into a mix or possibly snow. The couple days of Spring-like weather was nice. Sure wish it would stick around.

Only 5 more days until we leave for our mini-vacation in Minneapolis...if we are all healthy and happy by then. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

0 comments: