Wednesday, December 5, 2007

No, Stop, Quit, Don't, Leave It Alone...

Those are a few of the things I say approximately 7, 234, 124 times a day, these past couple of days. (Insert HUGE sigh here!) All three girls are walking and they go three different directions at once. I can't imagine I don't look like Heidi Klum (supermodel) with all the moving around I do everyday. Not to mention the meals I either forget to eat, or don't have time to eat. Yesterday Jason worked off-duty from 8:15-5:00. He got home around 5:20 or so. By 5:30 I think he was ready to flee to a quiet and peaceful hiding place. Kori was antagonizing the girls, who were unhappy about it, while trying to get into everything. We decided on take-out from a local Mexican restaurant. We decided we would all ride along and Jason would wait in the car while I got our food. Well before leaving he went to let the dog in and I was getting my shoes on and supervising Kori getting hers on (it takes a lot of prodding to get her to do something in less than an hour these days). Well the girls went down and managed to have a grand ol' time in the toilet. They all needed dry socks and Alexis had to have a dry shirt. She was soaked! YUCK! Thankfully I had just cleaned that toilet, but still....ewwwwwww! I think I spend 1/2 of my day trying to redirect their attention away from things they shouldn't be into. I don't' like putting everything up to minimize the temptation, but geesh. Today they kept taking a picture of Kori off the wall and walking around hugging and kissing it saying "awwwwwwww, sistoo (their version of sister). Yet it was cute the first dozen or so times but I worried about them dropping it and breaking the class and getting hurt. Trust me what one doesn't think of, one of the other two surely will.

I was talking about it to my mom tonight on the phone after the three little octopuses (sp?) and their bossy big sister had been tucked into bed finally. She agreed that it's exhausting for her to be here for only a couple of hours and she can't imagine how I must feel at the end of some days. I told her tonight I wanted to fill my jacuzzi tub with vodka and take a nice "bath" in it. Totally kidding of course!

It didn't help that Jason returned to work tonight which meant he slept in until noon today. Then went to the gym and got home just in time to shower before I left to get Kori. Then we saw each other for about 3-minutes before he headed off to off-duty before his regular night shift. I hate the nights he has off-duty before work. It makes my day three times as long! I need to hire an insane pair of extra arms/legs to help me corral the hooligans on those nights. Once again...just kidding! No matter what has happened, or how completely insane my day has been, I am always very blessed and thankful for my wonderful family. Even if I go to bed chanting "tomorrow will be better" over and over and over!

0 comments: