Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hannah Montana Concert

It was great! No really, it wasn't bad. I think I've finally recovered all my hearing that I lost that night though. My brother-in-law parked us in the VIP section which was awesome! Safe and close to the building! We only had a very short distance to go which was super since it was cold out.

We got the standard t-shirt, program, blinky light thingy and then got some hot dogs and a soda before heading to our seats. They were pretty good, especially since they were the last section sold. No complaints from Kori I think she's too young to appreciate being right up close. She has now professed her love for the opening act the Jonas Brothers. They put on a good show and she enjoyed it a lot! She was in awe once Miss Montana came out. There was lots of dancing and flashy costume changes. Kori was a fan of the pink go-go dress and white go-go boots with a sparkly pink bejeweled heel. Also the black bustier style stop with purple ballet tu-tu type skirt that she wore with sparkly black tennis shoes. Kori appreciates good shoes...she got that from her Aunt Margaret. :-)

I must admit when the show started I found myself a little teary. It was all a little surreal to be there. As someone who never even thought she'd be blessed with kids, to be sitting there with my almost 6-year old first born, stunningly beautiful (still can't believe she's mine!!!) daughter, it was just amazing. I wiped my eyes and shoved the emotions away. I wanted to be cool and not embarrass my daughter.

There were lots of happy, screaming kids there. It was loud, did I mention that? I chuckled about the little girl two chairs over from me who kept her fingers in her ears the ENTIRE concert. Her dad kept trying to coax them out but she wasn't having it.

So here's our rundown:

Tickets: $112.00
T-shirt/program/blinky light thing: $65.00
Concession stand robbery: $28.00

Evening with my daughter after suffering through years of infertility, worry and wonder if I'd ever be a mommy: ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT, PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: