Thursday, December 6, 2007

Let it snow...

And it did. Not much thank goodness. I'm not a fan of winter weather much anymore, especially if I have to drive in it. Kori's Santa Supper was canceled tonight due to the weather. Rescheduled now for Monday. School managed to last all day which I was surprised about. Sometimes it seems they start letting out early if there are 12 flakes of snow falling. Not the case today. I took the trio with me to pick up Kori because Jason had a meeting at work. Not an important one, kind of a voluntary one. I was hoping with the weather he wouldn't go, that was not the case.

Oh well, the girls loved riding in the snow. I got a lot of oohs and aaahs while we were going. I didn't have trouble getting around. I found out that people would either drive one of too ways....waaaaaay to slow or waaaaaaaay to fast for the conditions. I chose to drive in a happy medium manner and got there and home just fine.

After shoveling the driveway while Kori fed the girls animal crackers, I then started some dinner while chasing children out of things. Todays no-no du jour was the dog water. I don't know why it fascinates them so. I called Jason and had him go to J.C. Penney's to pick up our pictures. No use in me going back out and then having to rush around like a mad woman to get everyone bathed when he was already out. I don't know that he was thrilled about it, but that was not a big concern of mine. He got home just as I started to feed the girls so it didn't delay him too much. After dinner we let the girls have suckers, as we have done on a few other occasions. They love them! Alexis decided to use the sticky drool as a hair styling product. YIKES! They all went directly into the bath after that. It was that option or try and use them as fly paper to attract non-existant flies since it's so cold. We opted for the bath option.

My husband put a few dishes in the dishwasher and then plopped on the couch leaving the rest of the mess for me. Gee thanks honey! I truly appreciate it! NOT! I swear sometimes I'd like to package him up and send him away!!!! Thankfully for him, I don't have these thoughts too often. We just had a talk the other night that if I am doing child related duties he can clean up what remains of the dinner mess. That apparently went in one ear and flying right out the other. Men! It's been one of those weeks and he's not helping. I hate to complain because he's a great guy and usually does okay, but when he's off, well he's off.

He has off-duty again tomorrow before going in to work...grrrrrrrr! So it will be me and the gang again tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I can handle it. It's just nice having an extra set of body parts (i.e. eyes, ears, legs, hands, arms etc.) around every now and then. Except for Tuesday evening it's been all mommy and I'm pooped. Oh well, what's a mommy to do huh? I am going to try and get to the grocery store tomorrow during nap time to stock up since they are calling for sleet/freezing rain Saturday and Sunday. They are saying it could be pretty substantial so I think I better stock up. I hate ice! I don't love the snow, but I hate the ice! Hopefully it won't be bad enough that we lose power. Our power lines are buried so I hope that helps. In 2002 when Kori was about a month old we had a huge ice storm and had no power for 7-days and it was awful! We bunked at my sisters who was living in my grandmas old house next to my folks at the time. She was in Las Vegas for a few days so it worked out. At least we had heat...that's an important detail when you have a newborn huh? So anyway, that's the plan. Hopefully they will totally miss this weather forecast like they so often do. If not it could be a long weekend!

Well enough whining and grumbling, I guess I'll go snort some more Afrin so I can breathe. It's been over a month and my head/nose is still congested...it's getting old! I'm going to try and be asleep before 2:30 a.m. Oh a girl can dream...

0 comments: