Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break

No getting up and having to be anywhere this week and I am soooooo enjoying it! Kori got out of school 1/2 day early last Friday and doesn't go back until next Monday so we are enjoying spring break. Not doing anything special, just relaxing at home.

Potty training is going GREAT! A minor accident here and there (which happens to be only when daddy is in charge) and that's it. Lots of mornings the girls wake up dry after sleeping all night. They are dry after naps too. We're going to stick in pull-ups for a while during sleeping times, but otherwise we're all panties. Morgan is still hit or miss. Some days she's in a pull-up and does great, other times she is sooooo not into it. We're working on it and I am sure we'll get there.

We went to dinner Friday night and then to the mall for some shopping. Alexis and Kamryn both wore panties and did awesome! I tote an extra set and some extra clothes, just in case, but we didn't need them. Woo hoo!

Saturday Kori and I ran some baby shower errands. I am hosting my sisters baby shower on March 28th and since Jason had this past weekend off, I thought I'd take advantage of it and get all my errands done, with the exception of my grocery shopping. Saturday night I sat down and made my first diaper cake. It turned out so cute and I'm very proud of myself. Kori "supervised" me while she colored at the table as I was rolling up the 58 disposable diapers I would need. After I got it all done, she proclaimed, "Your sister is so lucky to have you!" I couldn't agree more! :-)

Kori doesn't usually go on errands like that. She used to but as she's gotten a bit older she finds it boring and would rather play at home and stay with daddy. I was shocked on Saturday when I asked if she wanted to go and she said yes! We had a nice time, just the two of us. It's nice to do that every now and then.

Sunday we went to visit my dear friend Liz, and her daughter Christy, who was in town from North Carolina. It was a great visit, and with the exception of Alexis stepping in her plate of chips and dip, we didn't destroy much. The girls did pretty good and I was proud of them. Going to other peoples homes makes me so nervous. Even to my parents. I feel like we just shatter any quiet or solitude there might be. We're like a hurricane or other natural disaster. Liz assured me all was well, but I'm certain she gave a great sigh of relief when we left. The visit was great and that's what counts. It was nice to see Liz's new home. It's gorgoeous! I've missed other opprotunities to go so I was glad I could get out there this time. She is a great friend and I love her and her family so much! They are wonderful! Jason and I were talking tonight and he said that Liz is just the person he'd handpick for a mom if given the chance. Awww! It must be an Iowa thing, right Liz?

So that's about it from here. I will try and post a picture of my diaper cake soon. I was so proud of it, you know I took a picture.

Becky and Mallory are playing hooky from work/school tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be nice. We might take a picnic lunch and head to the park for some playtime. I am so enjoying the spring weather and so are the girls!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliments. We loved your visit. Tell Jason I wish I weren't old enough to be his mom, but I am...and, yes, it must be an Iowa thing. xoxox Liz