Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chaos

So I am trying to get out of laying in the floor with the girls at bedtime. I am trying to get them to go to bed by themselves without a chaperon if you will. I did this with Kori too for a while and then it would be HOURS before she'd fall asleep. It's getting that way with the girls as well. What used to take 20-30 minutes now takes 1 1/2-2 hours. Way too long! I have things I could be doing instead of laying in the floor playing Bookworm on my cellphone.

So last night they gave up at about 11:15...pretty standard. That was the time they would give up if I was in there too. I kept going back in and shutting down the party but they'd restart it pretty quickly after I left.

I've threatened and grumped, raised my voice, you name it...it doesn't work. Tonight Alexis finally fell asleep about 11:00 or so. Morgan and Kamryn finally waved the white flag of surrender at about 11:30. **SIGH** I wish there was a magic answer I could figure out to make it easier. No such luck.

Sooooooo, I was thinking. Home delivery liquor service. You know, kind of like an ice cream truck, but with adult treats instead. Think a mobile frozen margarita or daiquiri machine. Huh? Sounds good no? Oh drat, maybe I'm the only one who feels compelled to have liquor delivered at the end of busy, stressful, hectic days.

Good news too, with the passing of February, Jason reached another milestone at work. TWO YEARS of having a transfer in to Days. Still no movement. I hate the night shift now. Over and done with it for a while. It will be 4-years this coming May. Bedtime chaos would be easier with an extra set of arms/ears/eyes/hands/legs etc. around.

Oh well, enough complaining. I am off to finish cleaning the playroom, family room and extra bathroom and then my housework is D-O-N-E! It got a little behind due to my illness, but is looking good once again. Tomorrow it's "Laundry Wednesday" -- woo hoo!

1 comments:

anneke said...

11:30??? before they are alseep. I would need a drink too. Heck, I need a drink when mine are asleep by 8:30. Good thing no such truck exsists or I would be running behind it every evening...
Good luck on getting them to go to sleep independantly.