Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Phone Call

While waiting in the car line today waiting to pick up Kori my cell phone rang. Hmmm...that looks like the hosptial phone number. I pick it up.

Lady: Hi Melissa?
Me: Yes?

Lady: This is Stephanie from NKC Hospital.
Me: Uh huh.

Lady: I'm calling in regard to your throat culture from your visit here on Sunday.
Me: I have strep throat don't I?

Lady: Uh, yes. How did you know?
Me: Well my throat is ZERO better and I still feel like death warmed over.

So I am know on antibiotics FOUR times a day. I am hoping to be feeling human again soon. I fevered all day today. Sooooo annoying. I tried to be more productive, but other than some laundry and changing sheets on the girls' beds I wasn't as productive as I would have liked. I did manage a nap when the girls napped. I wasn't going to but I felt too bad.

So here I sit, burning up with fever, my throat feels like it's closing and it hurts so bad. I had strep a lot as a kid, I don't remember feeling this bad. Must have been the resillency of kids cause as an adult I am getting my a** kicked!

Off to bed!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Yuck I remember strep too - have not had it since I was a kid (knock on wood) hope you feel better soon!