Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not Easy

If someone asked me to explain my life in two words, these are the two that I would use most often, NOT EASY.

Let me start off by saying that I love my kids with all my heart. However, my life is not easy. I have insomnia. I haven't slept great since the girls turned one. I have continued to go down hill in this area over the past several months. It is not uncommon for me to still be awake at 5am. It is for the birds! I can outlast sleeping pills, 1, 2, it doesn't matter. It is so frustrating! During the day I am dragging, at night when I should be sleeping...WIDE AWAKE! I am sure that adds to my level of frustration at times.

So I have decided that potty training needs to get going. We did a few hours of panties after Christmas when the girls wanted to wear the new Dora, Elmo, Cinderella etc. panties that they got in their stockings, as gifts, etc. (Apparently I'm not the only one that can't resist the cute little things!) These times usually ended up with pee running down someones legs. This freaked Jason out a bit because, and I quote, "I don't want the house smelling like pee". Great neither do I. So anyway with travel for the funeral etc. we put it off.

Today I decided we would hit it hard. Now I should preface this with the fact that the girls woke up grouchy today. Kamryn greeted me with a "don't look at me mommy" instead of her usual kiss and a smile. Uh, good morning to you too. I should have taken that as a sign. Not easy.

She decided she didn't want to wear panties. I should clarify that she let me know this while screaming at the top of her lungs and running away from me...fast. Morgan and Alexis were more accomodating. They were all about the panties. I have put away the cute, thin and incredibly unabsorbent character panties and have replaced them with the not as cute, much thicker and more absorbent training panties. They aren't as thrilled with the selection of patterns, but oh well. About every 20-minutes or so we'd head to the potty or I'd at least ask. We did some sitting here and there and I got a few "I don't have to go's". Well lets just say Alexis went through 3 pairs of panties and Morgan 2 before naptime. Not easy.

In the middle of all of this the little girls were fighting, hitting, shrieking, yelling, screaming, bickering, grabbing, taking, arguing, crying, sobbing, smacking (and many other things that end in I-N-G that I have probably repressed). It was a rough day! They stayed up a bit later last night and woke up a bit earlier than I think they needed to so that didn't help. Finally at about 1:30 I had reached the limit and off we went for naps. They fell asleep quiety and quickly, which is always a good sign. After a two hour nap we started more potty training. Daddy was awake now and could help with the bathroom runs.

Alexis opted out of the panties this time and decided she would wear a diaper. Whatever. I prefer to do one at a time anyway so no worries from me. Morgan woke up dry from her nap. Took off her diaper put her on the potty and got nothing. Oh well. We'll try again soon was my thinking. Imagine a mere less than 5 minutes later when she comes walking in the kitchen looking as if she'd just gotten off of a very long horseback ride. **Sigh** She informed me "I need dry panties". Not easy.

So Kamryn is doing good anyway. She kind of takes it to the other extreme. Every 5 minutes she's giving a big "I gotta go" as she's blasting down the hall toward the bathroom. She goes about 3 dribbles and proclaims "I done, I get jelly bean now". This goes on about every 5 minutes, sometimes even less, but we don't want to discourage her.

Kori was less than thrilled when Morgan let loose in her room today. Thankfully it didn't get on anything (those are some mighty absorbent panties!) but she wasn't happy that Morgan chose her room to do it in. Not easy.

So the count today was:

Alexis - 3 pairs of panties
Morgan- 5 pairs of panties
Kamryn - 1 pair of panties.

All panties have been laundered and are ready for service again tomorrow. Oh goody!

The crabbies were still around even after their nap. Hopefully a good nights sleep will help and everyone will be back to normal tomorrow.

For now I don't heart potty training so much, but I am hoping it catches on soon!

0 comments: