Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Car Shopping

I hate it! Let me just say that right now. It's my least favorite thing to do. That and buy/sell a house. Yuck!

My lease on my van is up so it's just a must. I am torn between leasing another van (I have a Honda Odyssey and I love it!) and getting the newly redesigned Honda Pilot. I currently have one in my garage. It's sooooo pretty, and sporty and not very great for getting the kiddos in and out of easily. So as much as I love how it drives like a car and makes me feel less frumpy, I will be getting a new van tomorrow. I'm going with light blue this time. The Pilot is black and I really like it, but they don't have any black vans in stock and since Jason has a black car, I'm mixing it up a bit. Woo hoo! Look at me living dangerously! Jason is going to handle as much of it as he can. When I have to sign some paperwork I'll show up. I had to go today for a bit and chased the girls out of everywhere they weren't supposed to be.

On a funny note we were in the play area with the girls waiting for our sales man to "crunch some numbers". There was an Asian man in there with his young daughter as well. A lady that worked at the dealership walks in and says, "Mr. and Mrs. Ming?", and she's looking directly at Jason and I. Not the man who is less than a foot away from Jason, who clearly looks more like a Mr. Ming than the clearly nearly albino, red headed couple standing in front of her. (No offense to you Mr. Ming whatsoever!) It was so funny, I had a hard time controlling my giggles until they left the room.

Oh, right, I almost forgot my other high point of the day. I had my yearly OB/GYN appointment today. Right on schedule, only 5 months late. (Insert eye rolling here!) I tried to get in a little earlier (making me only about 3 months late) but my doctor is super busy and always booked up.

I haven't seen him since Aug. of 2007 when the girls were just over a year old. He was tickled to see new pictures and wanted to hear all about them. I just love him! He is soooo awesome! However before our stroll down memory line I had to wait to see him for 2 1/2 hours! This isn't uncommon. Once when I was pregnant with the girls my appointment was at 12:30 and I didn't get seen until 4:45. (He was at the hospital on an emergency). Due to my high risk nature I couldn't leave so I had to stick it out. Today he was delivering twins. I know that there's the chance I might have to wait so I came prepared with a book and a bottle of water. If I had thought twice I would have brought a granola bar since my appointment was a lunch time. Oh well, next time.

Let's see, what else has been happening. I've been a bit lax in my posts. Sorry about that.

The girls are great! Kori is back to school as of yesterday. Monday was "staff development" so she didn't return until Tuesday. She was fine with going back which was good. The little girls missed her a lot!

We journied to Iowa Friday for Grandpa Marvin's funeral. The service went well and the little girls cooperated. (That could have something to do with the box of bribery, uh, I mean fruit snacks I had in my purse. I was happy they did well. I was a bit stressed they would be disruptive.

The weather on Saturday turned a bit yucky (it is northern Iowa after all!) There was some sleet/freezing rain during the cemetary portion and that continued on our drive back to Jason's dads house. What normally would have been about 45 minutes took about an hour and 45 minutes. Jason's stepbrother and his wife headed back to Des Moines afterwards and said there were lots of cars off the road, in ditches and overturned. We gave the salt/sand trucks a bit to get out and then headed out. It was slow going at first but we did okay. There were lots of cars all over and upside down. Scary! The girls traveled well and Kori had a good time with my folks. It was nice to be back home and in my own bed though. I sure miss my bed when I'm gone.

Well I guess that's about it for me.

I shall post more soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. & Mrs. Ming! Haha! I laughed right out loud (at work) as I was picturing that...

Christy