Thursday, January 8, 2009

Law and Order

I should be sleeping, but I can't and that's nothing new, so here I am.

Today I met Jason at the car dealership after I picked Kori up from school. The paperwork was pretty much ready and just needed my signature. Didn't want to have to chase the girls all over again so he went before me and got everything else taken care of.

As we pulled up Kori said, Mommy two policemen just went into the building. I look and sure enough, a van and a police cruiser. Hmmmmm. So I go in and meet up with Jason. I asked him if he knew what was up and he said no. No disturbance or anything obvious.

So a well dressed, middle aged female walks up and the officers ask her, "Are you Mrs. So and So? (I wasn't close enough to hear her name). She nods yes and they ask her to step out into the entryway to talk for a minute. Now, since Jason is an officer, I know from past stories etc. this usually doesn't turn out well. Well another of the dealers came over and we were talking about how freaked out we would be etc. I looked up again, just as they were putting the pretty silver bracelets AKA handcuffs on her. Holy cow! Right there at her job! Oh man, how embarassing! They plop her into the wagon and away it goes. The officer in the car comes in and gets her jacket and purse and leaves. I'm assuming she had warrants or something but it sure was weird. I'd be soooooo embarassed.

So that was the excitement for the day there. Everyone was a buzz about it.

I got my new van. I'm the proud owner of a silver 2009 Honda Odyssey with gray interior. Mind you I just turned in a silver 2006 Honda Odyssey with gray interior. Besides white it was the only van they had on the lot. They could have gotten me a light blue one, but it would have taken several days and with Jason's crazy schedule this week it would have been more hassle than it was worth. I like the silver color. It doesn't show dirt much. It's pretty much the same car, only with the new car smell. And it only had 9 miles on it. So I'm set with a new lease until 2012. At that time I hope to get a Honda Pilot.

0 comments: