Friday, April 3, 2009

A Blah Week

Dang if I haven't been in a blah mood this week. So very uninspired. Not like me, but this is how it's been. There were a couple days it was gray and cool and rainy, definitely not good for dealing with the blahs, but I could not convince the three youngest members of my family that napping in bed all day was as GREAT of an idea as I was making it out to be.

Today was sunny and warmer, thank goodness. While it didn't help my mood much, it was nice to see the sun shining. tomorrow it's supposed to be even better. Then Sunday more cold, more rain, more snow possible. Seriously? Really? Hey Mother Nature...IT'S APRIL!!!! Oh well, maybe this means we'll have a nice mild summer. A girl can dream huh? I remember the summer of 2005 so well. I think we only had a couple of days all summer that it got above 90. It was HEAVENLY! Keeping my fingers crossed for a repeat of that year.

Jason and I did some quick math the other day and figured that we've bought diapers for approximately 5 years and 4 months of our lives as parents. We are thrilled beyond belief to not have to buy them any more. I think I will start going pull-up-less at nap time and then hopefully at bedtime before too long. They are pretty much always dry after naps. Probably in a weeks time there are 1-2 wet pull-ups after bedtime, not too shabby! We celebrated our diaperless lifestyle on Monday by taking the girls and going to Texas Roadhouse for a celebratory steak dinner. It was yummy!

Kori is spending the night with Becky and her family tonight. They are going to see Disney On Ice tomorrow afternoon. I hope she behaves and they have fun. She was excited to go, must be time for a break from the chaos here.

Other than that, not too much happening. I have been doing some reading lately. A lot actually. I have read TWO books this week! Woo hoo! One was easy, it was Disney On A Dime, in preparation for our upcoming Disney trip in June. Thought I'd see if there were any money savers I didn't already know about. There wasn't. Then I read "Between Sundays" by Karen Kingsbury. It was VERY good and went very fast. I am currently reading Multiple Blessings by Kate Gosselin (you know Jon and Kate+8). It's pretty good too. Better her than me.

So that's about it from the Rusley Ranch. I leave you with a few pictures. First will be Kamryn, Morgan, then Alexis. The group shots of all 3...from LtoR in those pictures it's Alexis, Kamryn and Morgan. Enjoy!





1 comments:

Liz said...

They are getting so big - I am experiencing the Disney freaking out as well.