Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good thing you can pick your friends...


since you can't pick your family. Whew, somedays family can be exhausting. I guess my husband mailed out an email he got the other day.

(Here is the text of it)

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota ,
points out some interesting facts concerning the Presidential election:
Number of States won by: Democrats: 19 Republicans: 29
Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land
owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed
those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy"
phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's
population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals
and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years. If you are in
favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake,
knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.


My husband is a Republican by the way. While I tend to vote Republican, I don't always 100% agree with everything in the party lines, politics really isn't "my thing". It was received from him as a forward from someone else. Jason sent the email on to several people including his brother and sister-in-law. I skimmed through it and deleted it. It wasn't super interesting to me so I didn't dwell on it.

I hadn't given it a 2nd thought until I had an email this morning from Eric that was bashing us for sending the email to them. Stating "you guys" "your views" "idiotic and misinformed" etc. etc. etc. Whoa, wait a minute. I didn't have ANYTHING to do with the email. Jason and I maintain separate email accounts, we don't share. It boiled down to they didn't appreciate the email (apparently they are Democrat and VERY Liberal) and please stop sending that kind of "crap" to their email. It went on to state that the email was borderline "racist and hill billy". WTF? Huh? I may be from the midwest but I'm not hill billy, nor a racist. Grrrrrr! I was not happy.

I sent off an email making sure they know that I didn't have anything to do with it. I find that family isn't the place for discussions on religion or politics. Jason is in law enforcement his brother is a public defender...it makes for some interesting conversations to say the least. I am totally okay with agreeing to disagree on most things and leave it at that. I didn't like being lumped in along with idiots, the misinformed, hill billy's or racists. It stung.

The email I received in return was that "The reference to "you guys" was to Jason and the people who e-mail him these e-mails" and the fact that he doesn't want to receive these types of email from "those people" anymore. Uh okay. But what if the group of "those people" just get them as forwards just like I did, and they did for that matter, and they chose to delete them instead of calling people names? Now you've offended a whole group of people? **Sigh**

So I guess it's a good thing that they live in Las Vegas and we're here in Hillbilly-ville. I would hate to hear the heated discussion that would have resulted.

So much drama. Way more drama than I have time for. I have four kids, three that are very busy two-year olds, laundry to wash/dry/fold/put away, meals to prepare/clean up from, a house to clean, errands to run and other things. Way too little free time on my part for this. Next time I'd just like to be excluded from it all thank you very much.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully it will be sunny and politics free.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In order to vote, you should be a tax payer--in my opinion. Of course those who don't work and live off of those of us who work hard daily, want someone in office who will give them money... Only about 50% of people in the US pay taxes. Matt and I owe a lot of money this year (one of the things on my plate) and there will be people who have paid no taxes who will get a refund. I know you said politics isn't your thing, but...

Christy

Mrs. Russ-a-lee said...

I totally agree Christy! It's very frustrating!!!! I will discuss politics, don't get me wrong, I just don't get rabid about it like others do. I keep up on the issues at hand and vote like a good American. :-) Hope your plate clears off soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow!--- how frustrating.