Thursday, April 9, 2009

Trouble

In the event anything ever happens to me, my kids are in TROUBLE! Of course I've always know this, but sometimes I get some more proof. :-) On Tuesday I left the girls with Jason for a bit so that I could go to my nephews high school baseball game. It wasn't until almost five o'clock and it wasn't super warm that day. I knew it would only get cooler so I didn't want to risk the girls getting sick from sitting out in the cool air. So Jason said he'd mind the store. I picked up my mom and off we went. So nice to get away alone for a bit. It's a rare thing, especially if I'm not going to the store or doing boring errands like that.

At any rate, before I went I got the fixings together for Jason to make some meatball subs for dinner. Easy peasy right? Wrong! I had pre-made meatballs, jarred sauced, hoagie rolls and grated mozzarella cheese. I also had some smiley faced fries that the girls love. No problem! **Sigh**

I should add that my cell phone broke a couple of weeks ago. Jason needed a new MP3 player and was waiting for our cell contract to be up later this summer as he was going to get a cell phone with a built-in MP3 player. Well since mine broke, I told him I'd just take his phone and we'd switch my number to it and he could get a new phone/MP3 player thing. (I know, I'm a super nice wife). So I'm not used to the ringer he has and I haven't switched it or downloaded a new one. I guess he called a few times with questions about dinner. He left me FIVE voice mails before I even realized he'd called. The voice mails were hysterical! In the 2nd or 3rd one he started just talking and saying, "Hey voice mail, it's me again. Haven't talked to you in a few minutes". Stuff like that. Do I use both jars of sauce? Do I use all the bags of meat balls (there were 3 -- they weren't huge), what kind of cheese do I use? Do I put them in the oven to melt the cheese? Holy cow! I left an easy dinner and he had to call me five times to figure it out? My poor children. At any rate, they survived and had dinner so that was good.

I kept the voice mails for a bit because they are too funny! I was listening to them as I was driving and they were totally cracking me up. He thinks he's funnier than he is most of the time. This time though he was pretty entertaining.

1 comments:

Busy Baroness said...

That was a great story. Why is it that men who are so competent and responsible in the work place come home and can't function? (I'm married to one too)

You made me laugh!