Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Still Here

We're still around in case you were wondering. Still battling back from the coughs and sneezes. Kamryn also decided last Friday to develop a case of pink eye. Some drops in her eyes started to work quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed that no one else gets it.

I volunteered last Thursday for Kori's class Valentine's party. It was a nice time and it is always good to see the kids having fun! Kori got lots of Valentines and treats. Fun times! Stupid me, I forgot my camera. Oh well, next time!

Kori didn't have school on Friday due to "Staff Development" and on Monday for President's Day. Friday was housework for me and playing and such for the girls. Saturday (Valentine's day) was pretty laid back as well. It is not a favorite of mine so I always let my husband off the hook easily. I don't want him spending tons of money on flowers. Chocolates I don't need. So he brought the girls and I a heart shaped chocolate chip cookie "cake" and he got me a nice card. Good enough!

Sunday was another laid back day. Kori loves it when she can just hang around the house and play without having to go anywhere. (She's like her momma!)

Yesterday Kori and I had a date. We went to see Hotel For Dogs. Very cute movie! It brought us to tears in a couple of places. It is always very surreal when I think about doing stuff like that with her. Well with any of the girls. For so long it seemed that being a mommy wasn't in the cards for me. Then there I was in the theater, with my arm around my beautiful daughters' shoulders, sobbing away with her. God is good!

We went out for pizza for dinner and then got ready for the weekly grind to start again.

Jason is working off-duty today so it's just the little girls and I. We went to the Credit Union, post office and then to get gas. Everyone did well so we brought home some McDonald's for lunch. Easy for mommy! Woo hoo!

So that's about it for us. I am finishing up 14-days of antibiotics, but I'm still congested. I am hoping it doesn't come raging back after I finish the last pill tomorrow.

I've been sick for three weeks this coming Friday. I am hoping that's it. I am ready for Spring!!!

1 comments:

Liz said...

You have a houseful to pass it around in! I hope everyone gets well soon