Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hey Lookie Here...

It's me! I'm here! I didn't disappear! Life has been a bit crazy, but nothing out of the norm for us here.

There has been some illness, some nice weather, a freak snow storm, the melting of said snow the next day. It's been interesting. We are definitely ready for Spring around here!!!

I have decided that as a mother I am taking my house back. My children decided that they were in charge. Listening was a thing of the past! Doing your own thing seemed to be the newest trend. My days were spent saying the same things over and over and over, and quite frankly it was getting exhausting!

So we initiated the rule that I will tell you once, warn you once and then there will be consequences for your action, or in some cases, inaction.

For example, the girls LOVE to drag out the big tub of dress up clothes. Unfortunately it was a fight, which usually resulted in a melt-down when it came time to pick them back up. I warned them that times were changing. Warned them of the new rules and gave them ample time to adjust. That resulted in me confiscated the tub of clothes. They are put up in the sub-basement. Along with a tub of Polly Pockets, a bucket of bristle blocks, a Barbie RV and a bunch of accompaniying pieces.

We have been taking my mom once a week for the last several weeks, to the doctor for injections in her knees. We've been having lunch out afterwards and the girls know there is no dessert if you don't eat your meal, not all of it, but a good portion. If you don't have room for the main course, there's certainly no room for dessert. We had lunch at Culver's this past week. I reminded them several times that if they didn't eat lunch they wouldn't have custard for dessert. Morgan and Kamryn caught on. Unfortunately for Alexis she didn't get the memo. So while the other two enjoyed their cups of custard inside with my mom, Alexis and I went to the van so she wouldn't disturb the other patrons with her grumbling. I am thinking, or hoping at least, that they are catching on.

Other than that we enjoyed Spring Break here at home. Nothing special. Kori was glad to have a few days off and enjoyed staying up a bit later than usual and sleeping in some too. I enjoyed being able to sleep in some too.

Still working out. With the exception of the last couple of days due to knee pain. I am having MRI's tomorrow on my knees to figure out if I have a torn meniscus in one or both knees. If not (which I am hoping that is the case!) I will have cortisone injections to "clear up the crackles" in my knees.

Yesterday the trio and I watched my niece and nephew. Triplets and twins! Wow! The girls are very good sitters. I didn't have to do much. I did forget how much work little ones are. I am glad that stage is over for me. My heart no longer aches for more kids. I hit that mark several months after the girls were born. Who can blame me right? :-)

We are headed to Iowa next week for Easter. We will spend Good Friday with Jason's Grandpa Leroy, who is turning 96. He hasn't seen the girls in a while and we're excited to get them up to visit with him. He sure enjoys seeing them! After that we'll head to Jason's dad and step-moms for a couple of days. Should be a good time! Looking forward to getting out of the city for a couple days.

So that's it for us, I will try, key word, try, to be more dilligent in my postings. Again.

0 comments: