Sunday, June 21, 2009

Whew!

Man oh man is it hot here! 97 today with a heat index of 107!!! Blah! After we all slept in ridiculously late, we slathered on the SPF 50 and hit the pool! We went to the big resort pool instead of the little one we have here at the house. It was a really great pool! Only 4 feet deep at the deepest part. It was zero entry, where it gets deeper the further you walk in. The girls had a blast! I put sun screen on them lots and am proud to report after about 3 hours, no sunburns for the clear kids, and their mom. Their dad is a bit more stubborn and decided he wanted to "tan". He's a bit red, not too bad, but that's his problem, not mine. :-)

We after we swam we showered and headed out for dinner. I made everyone suffer through at the Sizzler. I loved them as a kid and we don't have them in KC anymore. It was good and we all left full and happy.

We drove by the hotel where Jason and I stayed when we were here on our honeymoon. Just as fancy and lovely as I remember.

Then we headed out in search of mini-golf. We hit Congo Mini-Golf and had a blast! The little girls fed the alligators they have there. They thought that was cool! I had to be extra dilligent that no one snuck any of the 'gator morsels. They were cut up hot dogs, which is a fave of my girls! We finished without eating any and then hit the links. I am proud to report that the hole in one totals are as follows: Kori 2! Daddy 1. Cody none. Kori was so excited! Hers were back to back ones no less.

After golfing (and sweating our rear ends off) we headed back for home, where we bathed again and are now bedded down in anticipation of the Magic Kingdom tomorrow. I hope the girls enjoy it as much as I have pictured it all in my head. I know the heat will play a huge part in it. We're prepared to drink lots and hit as much of the air conditioned attractions during the hottest part of the day.

So Mickey and Minnie, Cinderella, Belle, Aurora and Ariel, get ready! Your all my kids have talked about for a very long time! Be afraid be very afraid!

Better get to bed and rest up for a busy day!

P.S. Happy Father's Day!!!! I am really missing my dad today. I know he's looking over us, but sure wish I could give him a big ol' hug! He gave the best hugs. Love you Pop!

0 comments: