Monday, June 1, 2009

Another Year Older

Dang it's been a while since I posted. Sorry about that! In the meantime I have turned a year older. I am now 36. Yuck! It just doesn't sound good. **Sigh** Nothing I can do about it so I might as well embrace it.

Kori ended up getting sick a mere two days after finishing up school. The Sunday before Memorial Day she started complaining of a headache, achiness, a sore throat etc. By Sunday evening she was burning up with a fever. This pretty much continued all day and night Monday so Tuesday we headed off to the doctor. Strep test came back negative. Due to the size of her glands/tonsils they sent us for blood work. The next day we received word that she has mono. Oh joy! Tuesday night Alexis and Kamryn started fevering. By Wednesday Morgan had joined them. They lounged on the couch for the day on Wednesday and were feeling better by Thursday. I think theirs was just a cold. Kamryn and Alexis are now struggling with allergies. Kori is feeling better, but still gets very tired. Not uncommon to find her flopped on her bed or the couch watching TV.

Jason, my brother-in-law and a friend of theirs from work poured a concrete extension to our patio yesterday. It was hot and hard work, but it looks nice now. It makes us have more space, which is always good. When we get the pool up after vacation it can go there and not crowd the other patio.

We are on the count down to babies! My sister is set for a c-section on Wednesday morning. So baby Gavin and baby Parker will be here then! I'm excited! Ready for some babies to love. The best kind...the ones you can give back. :-) My sister is ready to be done being pregnant but it anxious about all that comes with two new babies.

Also only 14-days until the little girls turn 3. WHAT? How int he world did that happen?????

We are also on the count down to VACATION!!!! We leave for Disney World on June 19th. We're driving half way the first day and then getting there the following day. We've rented a great house with a pool and plan on having lots of fun! We're dragging my nephew with us too. The more the merrier right? My sister keeps threatening to stow away, I better check our luggage before we leave.

So in a nutshell that's it. We're enjoying summer break! Except for going through the drive-thru on Saturday for some lunc at McDonald's, I hadn't left the house until today. Jason took us to Red Lobster for a belated birthday dinner. Yummy!

So I vow to be a better blogger. And I'll post some pictures soon!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! I remember 36... Have an awesome time at Disney we tried to skip the nap did not work.