Wednesday, May 5, 2010

That Kind of Monday

A couple of Monday's ago, I had one of "those" kind of Mondays. You know the kind, they don't start off great and go down hill from there. Well I woke up with the mother of all headaches. So I was kind of dragging anyway. Got Kori off to school. Went through some other mundane tasks in an attempt to call the day semi-productive. Jason was working 3pm-11pm so he was home with us a bulk part of the day. Around noon he started wrestling around with the girls. No biggie, happens all the time. They love it, he loves it, I warn someone will get hurt. I can't help it, it's the mother in me. Well my predictions came true. As Jason was rolling over and taking Kamryn with him she started screaming, "Ow, ow, my arm, my arm!!" It was clear it was hurting and she wasn't moving it. It didn't appear to be broken. This has happened before and after a bit it works itself out and all is well. Not the case here. After an hour she was still not moving it and favoring it. She ate her lunch with one hand and didn't move the injured arm at all. Well my wonderful husband starts getting ready for work. Apparently he had court and would be leaving sooner than I expected, I'm usually the last one to know. I was less than thrilled that he caused this injury, but yet I was now left to "clean up the mess". Grrrrrr....

Long story shorter I ended up making an appointment for Kam when after a couple hours things hadn't improved. After getting Kori off we raced to the pediatrician. Nursemaid elbow was the diagnosis and after some twisting and turning and LOTS of shrieking and screaming from Kamryn, things were re-set and all was well. She left with a mini-pinwheel, a princess crown, and everyone got coupons for a free ice cream cone from McDonald's. Awesome! As it was it was dinner time and I had planned on McD's for dinner. We'd kill two birds with one stone. Off we went!

Well things were going well until Alexis went to get down from her seat for some reason. He foot was tangled in the seat back and she started to fall. In an attempt to save her and the tray of food she was taking with her, I reached out quickly. Grabbed and saved the food, and rammed my elbow into the back of her little head. The cry indicated something was wrong. I apparently bumped her head into the metal chair back and cut her head just above her eyelid. Oh darn!!! So off to urgent care we went.

Two-three stitches would have worked, but in an attempt to keep it as trauma free as possible we opted for the Dermabond glue/steri-strip route. It's healing nicely and she doesn't seem too scarred from it all. I however, feel horrible still to this day.

So there it is, my not so great Monday!

0 comments: