Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Greetings!

My sister and I were having a conversation the other night about someone we know that has a blog. She mentioned that this person had been lax about keeping it up to date. I mentioned that I wasn't doing so good either. The look my sister gave me let me know that she was well aware of that fact, so here I am.

There just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done! At the 1st of the new year I decided that I was tired of being overweight and out of shape. I started running on our treadmill here at the house. Well I was doing a run/walk combo program. Along with some ab work on my stability ball. Then I had a talk with our Chief of Police while visiting with my friend Liz at her work one day and was granted priveledges to work out at the exercise facility at our Police Academy, which conveniently enough is less than a minute from my house. So I've been going there pretty much every day, give or take a few days when we were sick with the stomach flu. It's been good for me to try and get myself back in some sort of shape. To give myself an hour or so of "me time" doing something just for me. I have a love/hate relationship with the elliptical machine. I hate the first five minutes or so when my legs are burning, as well as my lungs, but then the other 20 I am great and get in the zone. I have been bumping up the intensity with pushing myself harder or adding more time to the workout. I do some weight work too. So far I've lost 15-pounds. I have LOTS more to go but am please so far. I'd love to see quick results but we all know that isn't how it works. So I am trying to be patient and not get frustrated.

All is well with the kiddos too. The trio currently all have colds but nothing serious. Kori is still doing GREAT at school. We are in the middle of a big penguin project. I'll have to post pictures when we're done. It's making me tap into my inner "not so crafy side" and try and be a little more artsy and crafty. They are all still trying to drive me crazy, but I have managed to elude their efforts thus far.

So there you have it, a not so exciting update from me,and yet another promise to try and be better with my blogging.

2 comments:

Liz said...

NIce to see you back I have also been lax about updating. Its hrd to keep up with a blog and facebook is easier! Congrats on the 15 pounds I am seriously lacking motivation and I eat way too much crap. Maybe the first step to curing it is admiting it?

Anonymous said...

Way to go on working out, Missy!!!
I love reading your blog...makes me feel a little closer to home. :)
Christy