Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Resolutions

I actually made a few this new year. I don't usually because past experience has shown me that I do not stick to them, no matter how bad I want to. Something this year "felt right", so I made a few. I resolved to not curse. I don't do it a lot, but a little is too much. It's just not lady-like, Christian-like, its yucky. So I am doing great in that area.

I also resolved to lose weight. For some reason, all of a sudden I'm tired of being overweight. It's no secret my body took a hit when I was pregnant with the girls. The added weight from the medicines I took to get pregnant, stay pregnant, etc. didn't help either. The triplet pregnancy completely wrecked my abs. My abdominal muscles are completely seperated. You can stick your fist in this. This makes me unable to do a sit-up, but there are other things I can do. So I have been trying to eat better. Heck, I do good to actually eat at all. Sometimes I'm just too busy, I forget. I used to think my mom was nuts when she said she forgot to eat...now I understand.

So I've been trying to eat breakfast and lunch and dinner and have healthy snacks. You know pretzels, apples, etc. It's going well. Probably the best I've ever done. I'm down about 4 1/2 pounds in nine days. Woo hoo! I have been doing a walking/jogging program on the treadmill. Walk for two minutes, jog for a minute. I am finding that I dread it less and can actually run the whole minute without feeling like I'm going to puke, pass up or die, generally in that order. I strap on my headphones and get to it. The 30-minutes I do for now actually goes fast. When I first started I was at about 1.3 miles. Then I was up to 1.5 miles, then 1.6 I am now up to 1.75 miles. I am increasing the speed and even ran for two whole minutes the other day at 5 mph! My husband is surprised, yet pleased and encouraging with my progress.

The girls are good about watching a movie on my bed while I do the treadmill since it is in our bedroom. The first day I got on it the little girls informed me, "That's not your treadmill, that's daddy's treadmill!" Uh sorry, not any more girls. The other night at the end of my workout, Kori informed me, "Hey you did good mom. You were running good, you didn't look like you were going to pass out or nothing". Uh, thank you????

At any rate it is January 12th and I'm still at it. I can't wait until I can actually see the results, or feel the clothes getting more roomy. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Our treaddmill is in the bedroom and also known as "Daddy's treadmill" now that Mary is sleeping in her own room I am pretty much out of excuses - you have inspired me to get on it too!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!

Christy